Shipping Policy for Koi (within Canada only)
1) Fees and Payment
- Purchases for koi must be paid in advance and in full. The payment is non-refundable. No hold or deposit can be placed for koi purchases.
- Shipping/handling/packaging fees and taxes are extra. Once the purchase order is confirmed by Hoseki Koi & Pond, the koi buyer must pay in full to Hoseki Koi & Pond within 24 hours. Failure to do so may be deemed as surrendering the purchase.
- The Packing fee is $15 CAD + tax per box for all koi shipments.
- Once all payments are received by Hoseki Koi & Pond, shipment will be dispatched by freight / express carrier.
- All destination fees and charges are the responsibilities of the koi buyer. This includes, but not limited to, freight, security, tax, and screening charges.
2) Shipping and Receiving
- Hoseki Koi & Pond follows strict guidelines in the packaging and shipping of koi to ensure that it meets the regulatory requirements for transport and that its koi arrive at the destination in good health condition. Hoseki Koi & Pond is not responsible for any loss or damage to the shipment, nor guarantee the health and safety of its koi, if the shipment is packed and shipped based on the buyer’s own request.
- Once all payments are received by Hoseki Koi & Pond, shipment will be dispatched by freight / express carrier. The following information will be communicated to the koi buyer:
i. Airway bill number.
ii. Airport of arrival.
iii. Flight information and arrival time.
iv. Tracking number from the courier.
It is the responsibility of the koi buyer to confirm shipment arrival before going to the airport.
- Koi buyers must arrive at the airport within 2 hours of shipment arrival for pickup.
3) Live Koi Guarantee
- Hoseki Koi & Pond guarantees that its koi remain alive within the first 3 hours of shipment arrival at the designated airport.
- In the rare case that the koi is found dead on arrival, it must be reported to Hoseki Koi & Pond by phone and email within 3 hours of shipment arrival. The following document and proof will be required:
i. Picture of the cargo terminal receipt showing the time of pickup.
ii. Picture of the dead koi (left and right), dissected in half.
The corpse must be preserved until the claim is validated and confirmed by Hoseki Koi & Pond.
Only claims that meet all of the requirements above are eligible for store credit. There is no cash refund or exchange.
- Store credit is valid for one year only from the day it is issued. The credit will be equivalent to the value of the koi and does not include any other amount. Store credit has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Physical damage to the shipment must be reported to the cargo terminal/express carrier, and logged on the receipt, before pickup. The incident must be reported to Hoseki Koi & Pond by email within 4 hours of the pickup in order to be eligible for a future claim.
Complimentary Koi Boarding Service
Hoseki Koi & Pond offers 30 days complimentary boarding service for koi purchased through us. The complimentary boarding period covers the first 30 days after the payment is made. Koi health is guaranteed for the first 14 days of boarding as outlined in our “Koi Health Guarantee“.
Extended Koi Boarding Service
In addition to the 30 days complimentary boarding service, an extended boarding service is available for koi 12 inches and shorter, at $7 CAD + tax per koi per week. For koi larger than 12 inches in length, extended boarding service is available for selected koi only. Please ask us for details.
To ensure a healthy boarding environment, Hoseki Koi & Pond may limit the number of spaces available for extended boarding and reserve the right to decline any extended boarding request. Please note that koi health is not guaranteed during the extended boarding period.
Koi Health Guarantee
Hoseki Koi & Pond guarantees the health of your koi for 14 days starting from the day that the payment is made. During the 14-day guarantee period, should your koi suffer any medical condition and become unsuitable for delivery, a refund will be given. No replacement will be made.
Hoseki Koi & Pond assumes no responsibility, and is not liable, for the health condition of your koi after the 14-day guarantee period. No store credit, refund, or replacement will be issued after the Koi Health Guarantee period expires.
Shipping Policy for Other Products
- All payments, including any shipping charges, must be paid in full before shipment.
- All destination fees and charges are the responsibility of the buyer. This includes, but not limited to, freight, security, tax, and screening charges.
- Orders above $300 CAD before tax within Ontario, or $450 CAD before tax across Canada, may be eligible for free shipping.
- Free shipping does not apply to koi and bulky item purchases, and international orders.
- Orders eligible for free shipping is subject to the written confirmation from Hoseki Koi & Pond. Conditions and exceptions apply. Please consult Hoseki Koi & Pond for details.
- Once all payments are received by Hoseki Koi & Pond, shipment will be dispatched by the designated freight / express carrier. Shipment information and the tracking number will be provided to the buyer.
- Any damage during shipment must be reported to Hoseki Koi & Pond by phone and email within 3 hours of pickup. All damages must be marked down with the carrier on the cargo receipt.
1) Koi, Koi Food, Special Order Items & Cut To Size Products
All sales are final. Please confirm the order prior to submitting any payment. There is no refund; exchange or return after the payment is made.
2) Other products
- Other products not specified above may be eligible for return. Please contact Hoseki Koi & Pond for eligibility.
- Products eligible for return must be unopened, with their original packaging/condition and receipt.
- Eligible items must be returned to Hoseki Koi & Pond during normal business hours and within 14 calendar days of purchase.
- All return items are sent back at the returner’s expense and subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- For products purchased without shipping charges, a surcharge plus a 20% restocking fee will apply upon return of these products. The surcharge is equivalent to the shipping cost of a similar item.